Our best source of advertising is referrals of friends and family by our own happy patients.
Come see our new Maui Jim sunglasses. Maui Jim Sunglasses are truly unique-premium quality sunwear with a patented advantage. Polarized Plus.
New Bifocal Contact Lenses - Air Optix has a new multifocal contact lens! Call us for a fitting and free trial pair.
Eye Hygiene 101
Do you know how important it is to take care of your eyes? Practicing good eye hygiene will keep your eyes strong and healthy and less likely to be affected by diseases like glaucoma. Follow these daily routine suggestions to jump-start health habits:
- Consider Kale—A diet rich in nutrients will benefit your eyesight. Dark, leafy greens like kale and spinach and foods rich in omega-3s like salmon and tuna will promote good eye health.
- Swap the Shades—If you can’t remember if your current sunglasses offer at least 100% UV-blocking, you may want to consider buying a pair that offers total protection from both UVA and UVB light to ensure you’re keeping your eyes safe from harmful rays.
- Ditch the Digital—Well, not completely, but stay conscious about how much screen time you’re getting in a day. Try adding a red-tint filter to your digital devices and keep use to a minimum at least an hour before bed.
Another way you can ensure good eye health is to have routine eye exams. Schedule an appointment with us today!
Eyestrain. Difficulty focusing. Blurred vision. Dry eyes.
Do any of these symptoms sound familiar to you? Working all day on a computer can be pretty tough on your eyes and, chances are, you’ve experienced one or all of these symptoms at some point. Computer vision syndrome, unfortunately, is more common than most people would like to admit, and it can leave your eyes feeling pretty fatigued by the end of a workday. But your desktop environment doesn’t have to be riddled with these negative effects. Specialty eyewear can be optimized to help make staring at a computer screen a little less painful!
Computer eyewear is designed to keep your eyes comfortable, but it actually does a lot more than that. These glasses can help make you more productive and keep your energy levels up, thanks to their anti-glare and blue light-blocking lens tint technology! And your prescription can be slightly altered to accommodate the intermediate viewing distance between you and your computer, too. It’s kind of a win-win.
Benefits of computer eyewear:
- Wider viewing areas in the intermediate zone
- Blue-blocking lens treatments
- Non-glare treatments
Remember, you can do more than just wear computer eyewear to keep your desktop environment comfortable. Make sure your desk, chair, digital devices, keyboard, and your mouse are at the appropriate heights and distances to reduce the risk of back or neck pain. Take frequent breaks to stretch.
How can computer eyewear help you? Schedule an appointment with us to find out!